Happy to say my very first imaging project in my new location of Southern New Mexico is finished! I’ll admit I’m addicted to the long and deep projects, maybe 30-40 hours minimum and back in the Northeast it literally took me 2 years to finish an average project! That’s because you had only a couple of clear nights a month and by the time you could get back out there, the target had disappeared behind the trees! Plus I did not have the luxury of automation at the time and while I did have an observatory, it was manually operated. Now I can automate meridian flips and keep going to take advantage of the multiples of clear nights I now have available! Life is great!
Here is my last raw frame which was a 2×2 binned blue image of 12 minutes duration. My totals for M1 were 8 hours each of luminance and HA unbinned, 8 hours of red and green binned and about 10 or so hours of blue binned. That was the easy part. Now comes the processing!